16 February, 2012

Just a little funny story about Rory

Alright most of the "funny" post up here are done by OK, but I thought it was time I posted a funny about our wonderful little girl.

Rory (in my opinion) is not really where she should be for a 3yr old. Her speech is a little behind and she has issues with putting her numbers in the right order and saying her ABC's (she kinda knows them), but she is beyond where she should be in other areas. One day about 6 months ago we were in the commissary and we are walking past the meat section, she looks at a large cut of beef and pokes at it. She then looks at us and says "this is a cow" I say "yes it was a cow hunny" she then looks at us and says "cows say moo, this cow moos no more". WHAT DO YOU SAY TO THAT!?!?!? I just look at her and with laughter in my voice say "yes you are right, he no longer moos". Well not to long after that we are in the car and Rory has some animal crackers. She takes an owl out and says "look mommy! its a whooo whooo (she has a hard time saying owl)" I tell her "yes that that is what an OWL says can you say owl?" she tried her best, but was not very successful at it. She then BITES the owls head off and goes "mommy he whooo's no more" and laughs about it.

So I have not really had any "odd" conversations with Rory in a while about "dead" animals and what they no longer say. That is until this past weekend when we went to Target and were looking around the dollar section. They had these little animal figurines, so I got a giraffe and a lion for the daycare (I needed more little "life like" items). Rory, my wonderful full of surprises child, is sitting in the cart and I let her hold on to the lion and giraffe. As we are walking around I keep hearing her making roaring noises. I stop and watch what she is doing for a little bit (her back was to me). She is sitting there with the giraffe in one hand making it "run" and the lion in the other hand "roaring" and "running" after the giraffe. The lion then "jumps" on the giraffe and starts saying "nommnomm".

I so do not know where or how she has learned this stuff!!! It is kinda funny, but very disturbing at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment