So now after 9 months, the hard part for Amber is all over and we get to look forward to going home in 24 hours; or so we thought. They came in to do tests on Seath, and everything looked fine and no one told us anything differently. The 24 hour mark came and went, and yet we are still there. I went to the nurse and asked what was going on and she seemed surprised that we did not know, and then had someone come in to tell us. So needless to say, we got to stay there for a whole 2 days.
So there are some things that I have to cover...Amber was upset about the bed that she had to sleep in. You do have to figure that hospital beds are not that good, but it was better than what I had to sleep on. There is only one way to describe my bed, but in order to do that I need to paint a picture... Everyone remembers playing the game of LIFE as a child, and if not you really missed out. Well in this game you get to buy a house. Depending on how much money you had would depend on what house you get. The worst house you could get would be the "split level"; it looks as if a earthquake came through and made this 1 story house into a 3 story house. So back to the bed... that was the first thing that I thought of when I saw it. The pillow on my "bed" is covering a hole that you may fall into.
Then we were able to take him home and then come back in a few days later for his first appointment with his doctor. We get called in to the back and they tell us that they need to weigh him. Amber not wanting to move all that much told me to go with him. Once there, I undressed him and took off his diaper. Since the old one was dirty and Amber had the diaper bag, I didn't put a new one on him. The nurse said not to put a new one on him and just have my wife do it...we shared a laugh and I told him that I don't want to be pissed on. I am happy to say that I did not get pissed on, not one drop. Instead, he poohed. The wall didn't see it coming. I was a good foot and a half away and he was able to still get it, also my arm. Amber thought it was so funny.
As of now, this is all that we have. I will update the blog sooner than later for the fact that I think my life is being made into a sitcom somewhere. There is always something going on in life and with a family like mine, it would be wrong not to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment